Sunday 7 February 2016

My 2015 Beauty Favourites - Ishy

 Hi everybody, Happy (Belated) New Year! 
Hoping you're all well and settling into the new year.
Due to a crazy christmas holiday and lots of uni work I haven't had the chance to blog in a while. 

Anyways Im back now with my 2015 beauty favourites.

2015 beauty favourites  


Foundation 


Chanel - Les Beiges (No.30)
I use this powder for mostly long days and occasions, I love the way it doesn't make my skin look too matte or settle into creases like other powders I have tried.

Nars - ADLW (Barcelona)
When I first purchased this foundation it was great in every way, colour, finish and texture. BUT, after a week abroad in Egypt the shade was just too light for my tanned skin :(
Everyone that knows me, knows that I always mix and match my foundations so...
I did just that, and made the perfect foundation for my skin - perfect shade and coverage.
By mixing a drop or two of F&B with ADLW I managed to achieve the long lasting finish of ADLW and the light and dewy consistency of F&B.

Mac - Face & Body (C5) 
I have been using F&B for a few years now however last year I reached out for it the most. I found that it gives the best dewy finish without looking too cakey for everyday wear.

Highlighter 

Superdry - Blush Stick (Coral Reef) Direct Link
I was introduced to this creamy blush stick by my cousin Lisa while she was doing my makeup. 
After seeing it against my complexion I just had to get it. 
The creamy texture blends so well without dragging the foundation and leaving streaks. 
Also just to let all you girls know although it's marketed as a blusher, I prefer to use it as a cream highlighter. On my skin it leaves a nice coral/pink glow with golden shimmers.

Mac - Lightscapade
I have been using Lightscapade as a everyday highlighter to enhance my brow bone, bridge of my nose and cupids bow as it gives a light glow and looks natural.

Palettes 

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Contour Kit (Light To Medium
Chads was always raving about this kit, so obviously I had to cave in and buy it. besides this is definitely a must have, it helps me to create a defined look without looking muddy.


Makeup Revolution - Ultra Blush Palette (Sugar & Spice) Direct Link
Ok girls, I can't rave about this enough. This is a blusher palette that every girl needs in her makeup
collection! The palettes are sold in two different colours
 'Hot spice' (peach and orange tones) & 'Sugar & spice' (mauve and pink tones). 
Both palettes include two highlighters which is another plus!
For only £6, this palette is good quality, highly pigmented and last all day.

Mascara 

Benefit - They're Real (Black)
I have received many compliments on my lashes when using this product, I love how it simply enhances and adds length to my lashes without using a lot of product. 

Eyebrows 

ABH - Dipbrow Pomade (Ash Brown)
This is definitely a must have for me, I'm very particular about my eyebrows and I will always re-purchase this product!

Lips 

Mac - Ravishing
Mac - Twig (My Holy Grail)
MUA - Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer (Tranquility)

Beauty Blender 

Another Chads enabled purchase, but I'll let her off because I love it.

Skincare 

Aveeno - Daily Moisturising Lotion

Body Shop - Vitamin E Face Mist 
I love this product, not only does it set my makeup, it also leaves my skin feeling
 refreshed and with a splash of Vitamin E goodness.

Oils 

Moroccan Argon Oil  Direct Link
I always apply this to the ends of my hair after a shower to control dry and frizzy ends.

Almond Oil Direct Link
Who needs moisturiser when they've got almond oil?

Sorry for the delay, but better late then never right?
- Love Ishy x

No comments:

Post a Comment